Sunday, April 30, 2017

Transfers

Hey peeps!

We made it through the last week of the transfer! It was so fun to be in a trio again. Sister James is so funny and we all had a blast.

We got to go to the temple this week! We get to go every six months, so temple trips are precious. There is a member in Cordelia 1st ward who has a big passenger van, so she took our trio, and two sets of elders. It was so fun! After the session, we had a picnic lunch that she had packed for us. It was so sweet. Oakland was clear and sunny and we could even see the Golden Gate Bridge from the temple grounds!
Usually there's lots of smog or fog from the ocean, so we went on a good day 

It was fun working with both wards! We had our last eight-hours-of-meetings Sunday yesterday. I'm going to miss some of the people I've met over there, but at the same time I'm excited to be back in my area full-time. We have a lot of work to do.

We got transfer information on Saturday! I'll be staying in the area and Sister Nelson is goi to come to be my companion! She is super cool and she is going to be in her second to last transfer  she is the fourth companion I've been with in their last two transfers, so I know the drill  it's going to be so good! Sister Aiton is getting transferred to Vacaville to follow up train Sister Dean! We are the STLs over Vacaville so I will get to see her at the Vacaville meetings and for exchanges! She can run, but she can't hide #CantGetRidOfMe

On Saturday we got a text from one of our members and said that there was a less active sister who's car broke down. She wanted us to go over and check to see that she everything she needed. So we drove over and she wasn't home. We got back in the car and were about to leave when I suddenly felt like we needed to tract out her street. She lives in a small court with eight or so houses and wouldn't take very long to knock all the doors. Half of them looked empty. So we jumped out and started at the first house. He was nice, but uninterested. The second house was empty, and the third house sent us away pretty quickly. The rest of the houses looked empty. I felt like we needed to knock the door of the very last house on the street. A man answered. To be honest he looked a little rough and completely uninterested. We started to talk to him and at first he seemed like he was going to brush us off, but the more we talked, the more he softened. His name is Matt, and he told us about how he had a rough past, and how he had been in a car accident ten years ago and shouldn't be alive. After the accident, he cleaned up his life and now he has a little boy and he and his fiancé are getting married at the end of the year. He doesn't know why he is still here. He believes that Christ saved him, but nothing more than that. It was interesting to see him warm up throughout the conversation. He asked for a pamphlet and we gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon with a Restoration pamphlet. He said the sisters could drop by later. It was so cool. Heavenly Father is so mindful of each one of His children. He knew Matt needed to talk to us and have a Book of Mormon. I'm so grateful for Heavenly Fathers perfect plan for each of us. You are never lost to Him.

I hope you all have a great week! Love you!

Your happy missionary,

Sister Julander







No comments:

Post a Comment