Sunday, April 30, 2017

Lovin' The Cali Weather

Hey Fam!

You've probably heard this from every missionary ever, but can we just talk about Conference? It was sooo good. I loved it. Every single talk. General Conference is definitely the Super Bowl weekend equivalent for missionaries (and members!) One thing I've grown an appreciation for while on my mission is the blessing we have of a living day prophet. Especially now that his health is declining and he can only speak for a few minutes. You know he chooses what he wants to say carefully, so it's important. I was touched that in those few minutes he chose to testify of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph
Smith's calling. I'm not going to let my head hit my pillow at night without making sure I have read out of the Book of Mormon.

I'm in love with California. The weather is beautiful! I walked out of my apartment this morning at 6:45 and it was light out and I didn't need a jacket. We've been in the 70s all week. Makes for perfect evenings and perfect mornings. I'll have to enjoy it now, because it won't last for long...

This week I went on exchanges with Hermana Derr! She came to my area and we had a blast! The weather was beautiful, so we walked through a neighborhood in our area called Green Valley. It's like the green country/vineyard part of our area. It's absolutely gorgeous and has been known to take the average visitor's breath away. Everyone was super friendly that night and we talked to some good people. We even found some people on our list including, a less-active we had been trying to track down for a few weeks. Here's a cool story!

Down in San Rafael, Sister Nelson and Sister Jeffery were working through the ward list to find out who was still in the area and who had moved. They came across Lisa's record, found she had moved, and had the record forwarded. Fast forward to me and Hermana Derr's exchange and we decide to stop in a new record we had received for Lisa. She let us right in and was super cool! She didn't feel at all awkward that the missionaries were there, and we learned a little of her story. I think if she has a friend, she would come to church!
That's our next project!

I told Sister Nelson who we found when we got back in our area, and she recognized the record! It was one she remembered sending just a few weeks ago before she came to Cordelia. After one year, Lisa has been found  it's like the Lord wants her back at church or
something. Haha, so cool.

We are still working with Deb. She is way into family history right now and spends her evenings looking up ancestors and seeing if their ordinances have been done. She wants to do their ordinances for them so bad, but she knows she needs to be baptized first. She is so close. Come one Deb, your ancestors are waiting! 

In other news, we have an exciting week ahead of us! We are going to go help the Military Relations couple tomorrow after district meeting! We are going to go on the Airforce base and make cotton candy for an event they are having! On Thursday we have interviews with President Wright, Friday we are going to Santa Rosa to get our new car 😏 and Saturday our bestest friend Sadie is getting baptized! She is the little seven year old in our we taught the lessons too  her parents wanted her to take the lessons before she got baptized and have a real experience and make the choice herself! Those were some of my favorite
lessons I've ever been apart of. Children are so wise. Sadie is super spunky and so cute. I would rather spend all day with Sadie instead of other adults. Hands down.

I hope you all had a great week! Remember what you learned in conference! Whether it was something the speakers said, or something the spirit taught you. The inspiration you received is your personal scripture! Record it. Ponder it. Treasure it.

Love you guys!!

Sister Julander



No comments:

Post a Comment