Hey guys! We had an awesome week this week! We got to hear from a member of the Seventy this week! His name is Elder Schwitzer and he works in the missionary department! He is the head physician for missionaries. He and his wife are probably the coolest people ever. Since we are in leadership, me and Sister Nelson got to go to a meeting with them on Monday and then we got to see them again in Zone Conference. Before zone conference, Sister Schwitzer took all of the sisters into another room and we had a sisters-only meeting and talked about spiritual gifts. It was soooo good! For my year mark on Tuesday, all the sisters went out for Coldstones it was so good! That's my first time on the mission getting Coldstones. It's been a while. We had a lot of fun. We have been trying to get Sister Nelson acquainted with the area since we know I'm leaving for sure in four weeks. So I'm trying to give her all of the knowledge I have in my brain I'm trying to think of other cool things that happened this week, but my brain is fried. Do y remember that crazy lady I told you about? Sister Fox? We sometimes go to dinner with the elders at her house. We had dinner there again. Sister Nelsons first time. It's always fun breaking in a new missionary at her house Oh! Funny story! We were in Vacaville for appointments and we were driving back to Fairfield the back way which takes you passed these huge green fields. We were cruising at a comfortable 55 mph and I see my companion zero in on this group of cows. Before I understand what's happening, the window is being rolled down, my companions seatbelt is being loosened, and she proceeds to stick her head out the window and starts screaming at the cows at the top of her lungs. "HEY COW! HEEEY COW!! HEEEEYYYY COOWW!!!" Now, my companion is not a very loud person, but boy, she put those military jets at the nearby Airforce base to shame when it comes to disturbing the air molecules with sound waves. She popped her head back in and readjusted her wind disheveled hair and glasses and looked at me. I was literally dying in my seat it was so funny. I could hardly see anything through my laughter. She just blinked and asked, "Have you never played that game?" Enlighten me. She explained that the way you play 'Hey Cow' is you scream "Hey cow!" And you get a point for every cow that looks at you. But if you get a horse to look at you, that's bad news bear. You lose all of your points. So watch out for those horses. Sister Nelson scored a 15 by the end of our car ride. I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever witnessed and we called Vacaville to tell them and they were like, "What, you've never played that game before? You're from Idaho!?" Come on Sister Julander, get with it. So now you know what game I will be playing on future car rides to Vacaville. Coincidentally the word 'vaca' means 'cow' in Spanish. Cowville oh! And Sister Nelson knows the Brainwaites! She loves them she served in Vacaville for six months. Spiritual thought of the week. We are learning about the life of Christ in our gospel principles class and we were talking about the scene in John 21 when the resurrected Savior comes back to call His apostles to His work again. He asks Peter three times if he loves Him. Peter responds three times that he does love Him. Our GP teacher said that he believes that the Savior of course knew Peter loved Him, but gave him a chance to tell the Savior three times. Just a little earlier, Peter had denied him three times. Don't you think that would stick with someone? Wouldn't you think about how it was prophesied that you would deny Him three times, and then to your deepest anguish it happens? It's another lesson in how loving our Savior is and how He is always willing to give us another chance. He gave Peter a chance to prove himself for Peters own sake. Beautiful. Love you guys! Have a great week! Your happy missionary Sister Julander
Called to serve as a full-time missionary, in the Santa Rosa, CA Mission, for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Sunday, April 30, 2017
General Authorities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment