Friday, May 13, 2016

Is There No One?



Hey Babes!

So good to see your faces yesterday!!! I love y all and I hope you
spoiled mom!!!! I know you did, you are all good boys 

Well, I'm not sure that I have ,I have to say because I told you
everything big going on, but I will share a spiritual thought, because
as a missionary you take every opportunity you can to teach.

Let's talk a little bit about being worthy and prepared.

Yesterday we were in Gospel Principles and one woman introduced
herself. She was a less active that we had been trying to get ahold of
for a while. After the lesson, we went over to talk to her. She came
to church because she is going through a major pinch point in her life
right now. She's losing steam and is majorly depressed. Her father who
it sounds like she was very very close to died and she has chronic
back pain 24/7. She started bawling and said she knew that coming to
church was going to help her. She said she woke up that morning and
felt the Savior calling her to come. So she did. My companion got
kneeled down next to her chair and sweetly counseled her, read her a
few scriptures, then asked if she would like a blessing. This sweet
sister didn't hesitate. "yes." We started to walk out and there was a
group of priesthood holders outside in the hall. My companion turned
to the less active and said, "would you like a blessing now?" Again,
she didn't hesitate to answer yes. My companion ran out to the hall
and asked the group of men standing there if they could come give a
blessing. They all eagerly jumped at the request.  My companion then
explained it was a blessing of healing and asked if any of them had
oil. They went down the line, each one shaking their heads no. We
asked each brother who passed by. Still no. One mentioned he had some
in the car. Another one pulled out his vial. There was just a drop
left. The brothers took that and were able to use it to give her a
blessing. Later that evening, we learned that the blessing brought her
a ton of comfort and helped her a lot. It was so sweet, and the
experience helped open her up to us meeting with her to I think. We
have several appointments with her this week. It was a sweet moment,
but I have to admit, I was a wee bit frustrated. How come it took so
long to find a few drops of consecrated oil among a group of brothers
who I think we're gathering for Elders Quorum? They were so eager, so
worthy to administer a blessing which was great! There was just no
oil. In an unexpected call for healing, no one was immediately
prepared.

Dad, please  call me to repentance if my frustration (though mild) is
out of line. Growing up I always remembered you having your vial with
you on your keychain. The Elders all carry it with them everywhere.
Maybe that's an incredibly high standard to hold the brethren to.

Ever since my mission, my testimony of the priesthood has increased.
How blessed we are to have that authority from the Most High here with
us today! If we are worthy, we have the privilege of calling upon the
powers of heaven to heal, comfort, and counsel. Boys, think about it.
Think about what you are doing in your lives. What are you doing with
your hands? The same hands that will one day administer blessings from
God. Do you use those same hands to write mean things, or to hurt
others? Do you use them to waste time and bring light minded things
into your life? Or do you use them to serve? Do you use them to bind
up the broken hearted, to offer a reassuring pat on the back, to lend
a hand to someone who is on the ground? Do you use them to better
yourselves? Not just in spiritual ways, but physical and emotional
ways. When called upon in someone's dire hour of need, will you be
willing and worthy to call upon the power of the Lord and use those
same hands?

I invite you to read D&C 121 and tell me what you learn.

Love you all!

Sister Julander



No comments:

Post a Comment