Hello Thank you so much for your emails this week! I loved them so much! Rachel! I'm so glad I got a video! And those pics. I love Ben's haircut. I show everyone. So I made it to my second transfer! Halfway through my training. I can't believe the time flew so fast. It's actually rather terrifying. So on Monday I said goodbye to my trainer and spent the day with the Hermanas. I actually bonded super quickly with Hermana Riviera even though we couldn't understand what we were saying to each other. I sat with her while she packed. It was sweet silence. We could feel each other's vibes. Occasionally she tried to say simple things in English and I tried to say simple things in Spanish. It was fun.
Tuesday we drove to Santa Rosa. We got to transfer meeting and I saw all the missionaries in the parking lot and I was so done. It was like Nemo. "Good feeling's gone." Well I found my friend Hermana Burton who is in my Zone. She's my best zone friend we are actually really close. I love all of the missionaries, but there are four missionaries I actually trust if that makes sense. one of them went home, one got transferred to a different zone, one of them I'm writing. She's in Vacaville. Her name is Sister Free. She was the one here in Davis before me. and the last one is Hermana Burton. Well at transfer meeting since I didn't have a companion yet, I chilled with her (freedom! It was surprisingly nice not to have to stay tethered to someone) and she was like, "Let's go to the mission office and see who the new missionaries will be!" Because she's training this transfer so we went in and I said hi to some of the office missionaries and I turned around and my heart dropped. My trainer was here!!! Since her plane didn't come until the late afternoon, she was being a secretary for the morning. Oh man. I didn't know what to do. I had already said goodbye, but I couldn't just not say something. So me and Hermana burton went over to her and she gave me a box of cookies. Thanks Nana!! Then we went back outside and Hermana Burton helped me find my new companion. After that, we went back in to say goodbye for reals. The second time was no easier than the first time. As soon as we left, Hermana Burton just squeezed me tight. She takes such good care of me. I love her so. We've decided to stay in the same zone until she goes home next transfer after that President can receive revelation. Haha! It's our joke. It's such a blessing that she is still here. Heavenly Father knew I needed her. It took me a few days to get into my groove again, and I still miss my trainer so much. I know that she will never be replaced, but I know it's okay I also know it's okay that she will never be replaced. That each companion can be special without replacing the last one. If that makes sense. Talking to Sister Free really helps too. So, this is Sister Haefeli!
She's from Riverton Utah! She's the bomb she's actually a dying missionary too. She just got her flight plans. Two transfers left, which means this is probably her last area. She actually came from kind of a rough situation in her last area, so she emailed president asking him to please giver her a companion who would work hard. She said when she heard it was me she emailed him and said, "I think this girl is an answer to my prayers." In her last area, she was in a trio and for a solid month all three were sick. Like couldn't leave the house, in bed, sick. Then when things were better, there was some strain.... Hence an emergency transfer in which my comp and her greenie were transferred to Petaluma and the other companion stayed there. Sister Bear actually went to be comps with her and that's why I didn't get a picture. Sister Bear was comps with Sister Nelson and my friend Sister Free. Yeah. It was kind of crazy. When Sister Haefeli came into the area, and saw our Area book, she was super overwhelmed. In her last area, they were lucky to get three lessons a week. In Davis, we teach at least four lessons a day. Davis is booming right now. Her mission has been pretty slow for the last six months because of the areas she's been in and because of the circumstances in others. She says it feels like I'm training her. It was kind of a slug in the face for both of us. So right now I'm trying to help a missionary get back to a functioning status and help her adjust as well as helping her from getting trunky. She's helping me to finish my training and helping me to know and understand all of the rules! It's really great for both of us. She says President puts me with dying missionaries because my greenie fire keeps them going, hahaha! I love her a lot! She's really patient and willing to work hard! She's doing great so far. She's super chill and she loves making videos we are going to make some. I've also felt a lot of extra strength and inspiration this week! Heavenly Father knew I would need a boost. It's like I suddenly know what to do and where to go like my trainer did. Almost like I inherited her spot. In ways I feel like the senior companion. I'm still getting used to it, but I love it I'm still having so much fun! So the area is great! We saw soooo many miracles this week! Here's a cool story! We have been focusing on following the prompting a of the spirit. Every single one. Well we were going to visit a less active for our usual weekly visit. For whatever reason, he wasn't there. That was unusual. So we left and I had a feeling to jump over to a complex and look for some of the potentials on our list. We knocked on some doors and no one was home. We walked down a floor and I felt so strongly I needed to knock on door 223. Obviously no one was home. I walked by. I kept hearing this voice saying, door 223! Door 223! So I finally stopped, told my companion we needed to go back, and we knocked. No one. We waited a minute and then headed back. A door opened a few apartments down from us. I knew that was the person we needed to talk to. Before we could even say anything to her she saw us, stopped suddenly, very surprised and said, "Are you Mormon??" We said, "Yes!" "And you are the ones that explain about your book(she was referring to missionaries)??" "yeah!!" She excitedly told us how she was from somewhere in the Middle East and how she hadn't heard about Mormons until she came here and how her friend was one. She wanted to know more. We told her we would get a Book of Mormon and scheduled a time to come back and talk to her about it!" She was so excited. She had to leave because she was in a hurry, but I'm so glad we knocked on door 223. Otherwise we would have totally missed her. Heavenly Father is so mindful of each of us!! We also have another lady who is just dying to meet us! She is elect. So prepared. She couldn't schedule a time faster. We are going to see her tonight for the first time! So excited! We found a couple other new investigators and a recorded a few more referrals too! We have so many lessons, it's almost too much for just us. Yeah. Heavenly Father is just showering us with miracles and blessings. It's so humbling to see the trust He has placed in us. It's an honor and a privilege to teach someone the gospel. As a missionary you must always remember that. Each person you teach must be cared for and loved and you must always be your best! This is salvation! It's kind of important. Always be worthy of the opportunities and live worthy of the spirit. You never know when you will find someone who is prepared. When you show the Lord you take His work seriously, and exercise exact obedience, He trusts you with more. Okay. So that's a little about me! Let's talk about YOU! Have fun you bums! Summer time is great! Especially when the temperature is nice also mom, I made cookies and I almost cried. Your recipe defeats all. My trainer, who doesn't really like cookies, loved them. She kept asking me if she could eat the dough, and eventually asked me if she could just finish it off. It doesn't sound like much, but coming from her, it was big. She would make comments about them from time to time too. So yeah. Your recipe is a winner. I'm making more this week. Tonight actually so I can take some to district meeting tomorrow :D So guess what. Remember how my inserts didn't fit in my proselyting shoes so I bought some really sturdy shoes instead? Well for he last week, my knees have been super inflamed, and my shin splints were coming back full force. I guess sturdy shoes don't replace custom inserts :/ lol. Who knew... Well My trainer wore Vans. She got tendinitis in her Achilles, and she had to wear inserts and they didn't fit in her proselyting shoes. So she got to wear vans! Well I thought I was doing great, but this last week about killed me. And since I refuse to go home with knee problems.I called Sister Stewart (mission nurse) and explained that my knees were about to break and my shin splints were coming back, and I asked if I could wear shoes that my inserts would fit in to see if it felt better. She said, "Well Yes!!!" Haha! She's great. So anyways, I've been approved to wear deck shoes like my trainer for now. hopefully this helps. I went to target and bought some deck shoes and socks to test it out this morning. I already feel a thousand times better. I have to call her back and report, but I know it's the inserts. I'll wear my flats to meetings and church. For regular proselyting, I will be testing out deck shoes. Anyways, I love you family!!! I love you so much!! Is there anything I can do for you? Anything I can pray for? Your Happy Missionary,
Sister Julander
No comments:
Post a Comment