Sunday, August 7, 2016

"Something brought you here, Sisters. Fate. Destiny.....The Spirit."





Dear Family,

Remember that time that time we had a crazy week? Oh wait. That's been our whole transfer lol. This week was no exception.

This is the story about how all hell broke loose in Davis  oh don't worry! It's actually a very good story!

Monday - I was stuck in the apartment all day and that's enough to drive a missionary crazy  but my companion felt better, so it was worth it! She got all better.

Tuesday - I went on exchanges to West Sac. It was much needed! It felt so good. I learned so much from Sister Waite and it took three transfers, but I can now say that I truly love the people of west Sac. I met so many amazing individuals this exchange. It was so awesome. I felt Heavenly Fathers love for me so strongly and deeply, and He let me know that everything was going to be okay.

Wednesday - Here's where things started to stretch! The day started with an exchange and ended with a 911 call.

Calm down, mom  it's okay. It's not as scary as it sounds. (For the record, I was calm. Not elevated at all when I read this. Sheesh.)

Remember that email I sent you about my friends car? And I said how a car is just a thing and it's okay to laugh because I'd rather have a car get destroyed than one of my hearts (Yolanda, Mahdi, and Mario) in the hospital? I ate my words.

We exchange back and me and my companion head to the store. Gatorade was super on sale so I was looking at some. I grabbed a huge armful and then another pack on top of that. Thirsty much? After that we head back to the apartment. I felt like I needed to call Yolanda to confirm service instead of showing up like we were planning on. Her kids answer the phone and say that she is sick and can't hold anything down. I'm about to tell them we will come another time when instead,

"Is there anything we can bring you? Do you need Gatorade?" "
She says bring Gatorade." I was surprised. Yolanda isn't one to accept help like that so readily. I told them we would be there soon! We grab all of the Gatorade, and before we leave, we change into service clothes.
We aren't sure why, but we decided we are going to help them clean whether they like it or not.

We show up and the house is quiet. Her kids are playing quietly and Yolanda is asleep, gone to the world. We clean up her dishes and talk to the kids. We have a good time and keep them preoccupied. Every once and a while, Yolanda will call for Madi. Turns out, Yolanda had been throwing up every time she ate for the past ten days.

o_o

That's not good.

The whole time we were cleaning I had been getting strong feelings and images flashi through my mind. They didn't make sense either, and some of them were definitely against the rules. But they didn't feel like they were going to be bad. As we are cleaning, Madi tells us Yolanda says she needs to go to the hospital, but can't bring herself to ask anybody, and her chest hurts too much to get out of bed. She seems to be coherent, just tired, so we tell the kids we need to go to an appointment, but that we would be back. As I was shutting the door, I had a very distinct feeling that we needed to come back, and not forget about Yolanda. We run to our scheduled appointment, but when we get there, something doesn't feel right. We tried to change into our proselyting clothe, but we can't bring ourselves to do it. We also can't bring ourselves to walk to our scheduled appointments door. So
we decide maybe we need to see Rachel instead. So we go to her house and knock on the door. No answer. I ring the doorbell. No answer. The feeling I had that we needed to re,ember Yolanda was still strong and hadn't left since leaving the kids. As we are standing in front of Rachel's door my  companion suddenly turns to me and says, "Now that we are here, I'm feeling we need to get back to Yolanda." Suddenly we were hit with a sense of urgency and we both booked it down the stairs
and ran to the car. We got to Yolanda's complex and ran up all three floors. When we got there the kids were fine. Yolanda's pain was a little worse. I went to go talk to her and she said she needs a doctor but she's slowly becoming incoherent from the pain and she keeps falling asleep. So Sister Fernandez and I pace around trying to decide what to do. I remember meeting a nurse from the ward, but I couldn't remember who it was. We pray with the kids and try to make phone calls. Every time we tried to call someone from the ward, the spirit would hold us back. So we wait. Yolanda asks us to go get Jello...the only thing she can eat. Sister Fernandez and I run to the store and as we are walking in, the thought comes to my mind, "Sister Hawkins is a nurse." So we text Sister Hawkins and ask her if she is a nurse. She says she is! We try typing out the situation, but again, the spirit holds us back. On the drive home, Sister Fernandez and I start talking about the impressions we've been getting. We didn't know at the time, but we were getting the same strong impressions. We were both getting
very specific and strong promptings accompanied with images and instructions on how to handle a 911 situation which we both knew the night was going to end in without any doubt. We also knew that we could not leave Yolanda's apartment until she had been taken care of, no matter how long we had to stay.

Less than ten minutes later, Yolanda says she needs someone to take her to the hospital. Now it's
time to call Sister Hawkins. We call her and she comes right over. While she's coming, Sonja, Yolanda's friend, bursts through the door and looks surprised. She didn't expect us to see her. She says she's taking Yolanda to the hospital. We get a quiet, but solid prompting that we shouldn't let that happen. So we tell her that a nurse is on the way. She's going to take Yolanda anyway. My companion is about to send Sister Hawkins away when  I tell her to stay put and we dash to the bottom floor to talk to her. She suggests that we call 911 because of Yolanda's symptoms and the fact that she is in so much pain she can't sit up and she's delirious. We run back up, tell Sonja we talked to the nurse and that she suggested we call 911.

Then my companion, according to the directions of the spirit says, "but it's your call."

That was a game changer. Suddenly Sonja said, "I'm calling 911." And she took charge of the whole situation. While she was calling the paramedics, we went back and said a prayer with Yolanda and told her medics were on the way. When they came to get her, it took three grown men to get her ten feet across the room and then onto a gurney. They wheeled her out. The apartment started to clear out. This whole time, Mario had been chilling on the couch, cracking jokes, and trying to make everyone feel better. He was going to stay with Sonja while Yolanda was in the hospital. I turned around and said, "Come on Mario lets go--."

The strong little boy who had been such a boss through this whole thing, was sitting on the couch, weeping quietly. My companion wrapped him up in a big hug. I don't remember this, but she said I pole vaulted over the couch and knelt down in front of him. We talked to him and prayed with him, and I told him I would call him that night. Then he went with Sonja.

That night, after everything had settled down, I called Yolanda. She answered! It surprised me! She sounded so good! Turns out, she had bronchitis. Bleh. As we are talking, I hear this little voice getting louder and louder as it runs toward the phone and she says, "Oh- Mario wants to talk to you. He said you would call." He grabs the phone and We have a fun little conversation. I ask him how he is doing and what he did. Then I tell him how after his house, we went to see Rachel, and she said she could pick me up and throw me across her shoulder. Then I told him about how she actually did. He laughed, and I promised to show him pictures later. I told him we would come see him. Then he
was all good. It was so sweet. Like talking to a little brother.

After that Sister Fernandez and I collapsed and went to sleep.

The situation was very calm. The whole time it happened, I knew it was important to stay with Yolanda, but the spirit also told me she wasn't in a serious condition. Our purpose was simply to eliminate a lot of chaos and to be a comfort to the kids. Because of the things the spirit had directed us to do throughout the day, things went very smoothly when it was actually time to take her to the hospital.

The spirit is so cool, and Heavenly Father is definitely mindful of us in every detail of our lives.

Well, I'd like to say that was where our week ended, but I'm afraid that was just the beginning. Unfortunately I'm all out of time, but I love you! I hope you have a great week! My challenge for you is to play Chicken with God. Don't know if it's a prompting or just you? Do it anyways. Miracles will follow. I promise.

Love,

Sister Julander


No comments:

Post a Comment