Fam bams!!
How are you? :) So good to hear from you
my peeps. Sorry the last couple of weeks have been crazy! You are
probably wondering all about Willits!
Well.
Willits is kind of like Grants Pass, Oregon and Ely, Nevada got together
and had a baby who spent its summers and other childhood defining
moments in Island Park :) Our area is about two miles across! And guess
what. The Drive-Thru tree is in our area! The big redwood you always see
pictures of people driving through. Yup. Pretty sweet. I know. Be
jealous.
So I first got to Willits and we went
to the church building (I dont know if you know this, but missionaries
spend more time in the church building than they do their apartments).
There was white spray paint on the east wall. My companion was like, "Oh
yeah. There used to be Satanic writing there. They covered it up
though."
And that's all I needed to know about Willits :)
I
love it here though! We drive a sweet little blue truck. Its Bompas
truck. A nice little Nissan. Its beautiful and the Elders are always
trying to steal it from us. Shame. 😏
So
basically, I think I am cursed, because ever since Ive gotten here we
have had to take a sporadic trips, one to Santa Rosa and the rest to
Ukiah, and we've gotten incredibly lost. I mean, have you ever been so
lost you end up in the middle of a dry riverbed? Or on top of this
mountain youre not sure how you got to? Or have you ever been so lost
you find an enchanted castle where the dancing cutlery invite you in to
be their guest? Okay, me neither. But the other two happened. Hence,
through the river and over the woods :) Thank goodness for four wheel
drive.....
Ever since coming to Willits, my
sass levels have increased exponentially. Its a survival skill in this
part of the mission. I've really had to unleash the sass within. Ive
never been so cheeky so openly with people I hardly know. Also, my
district leader is a total punk and must be dealt with accordingly :) Oh
man. Perhaps I have too much fun. Don't worry. Im not a total jerk to
him :) but I certainly dont do things simply because he tells me to and
'he's an elder so whatever he says is doctrine' :) Really I have fun
with it more than anything.
We were driving
down main street and I saw this guy who had his hair seperated into two.
long dreadlocks...that he grew all the way down to his ankles....that
was pretty special. Also Ive seen Crazy Joe, but I havent seen Homeless
Bob. Ive seen the Baseball guy once.
My
companion is super nice! Her name is Sister Pett and she is from Utah.
On Saturday the middletown sisters were here to spend the night and we
were talking and I asked Sister Pett, who is a bit taller than me, where
her treat stash was. She told me and I was like, " haha, now I know
where it is." And she was like, "Thats okay. its on the top shelf." and
we all started laughing and then she was like, "Id hear you dragging a
chair across the kitchen." and I just died. I laughed so hard. Easily
the best short joke I have ever heard.
Well, that's all I have time for today. I love you!!
Sister Julander
No comments:
Post a Comment