Lovelies!
How good it was to hear about your challenges this week! Thanks for reporting! I loved hearing about it! It sounds like you all learned so much! I'm so proud of yous!
So his week was absolutely fantastic! I feel so much better and I'm so happy I'm giddy. Here's a couple things I learned about the refiners fire.
1) When you are in the refiners fire, you will reach that point where you know that's the end of the line and your capacity to endure has maxed out. At this point you have two choices.
1) Breakdown, give up, peace out, turn your back on God, quit, etc.
2) Realize that option one is Satan's easy out for you and will ultimately lead to prolonged pain and suffering that wont teach you anything, it will just hurt. After this realization, realize that God is trying to teach you something, and the faster you humble yourself and ask Him, the better it will be for you. He has the answers, He is just waiting for you to come get them.
*3) The secret option. Bury everything deep inside your soul, and then when it resurfaces, which it will, see options one and two.
Always go with option two. :)
Another thing I learned about the refiners fire is that it is an opportunity to prove yourself to God. It is easy to be on His side when things are going your way and life is great. The real test is when things aren't quite going your way and life is a bit more difficult. When we are pushed to the very edge of all we can withstand, and we are faced with the options mentioned above, it is a moment that we can show the Lord where our loyalties stand. We can say, "Heavenly Father, I know you're there, I know this is a test. I feel alone. This is hard. There is something to learn, I'm ready to accept it now. Father, I still choose you."
In Malachi 3:10 the Lord says, "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."
He gives us a commandment, tithing, and says He will pour out blessings on us. So many we won't have room to receive it. It's no empty promise either. He says "prove me now herewith"
Modern translation: I double dog dare you :)
This applies to more than just tithing. It applies to all of His commandments, as well as His individual plan for each of us. We each made the decision to come to earth. I imagine that we had a nice talk with Heavenly Father beforehand. He explained His plan, and He told us it wasn't easy, and there was no going back once we started. He asked us if we could do it, if we meant what we were saying. I imagine, at some point each of us said, "I can do it. I am going to get a body, I am going to take on the challenges I'm assigned, I am going to return to Thee. Prove me now herewith, and send me to earth. I am going to prove my love and my loyalty to Thee by the way I learn and grow and accept Thy will."
None of us are perfect. There will be times we buckle and take option one (or the secret option #3)out of trials. Everyone is going to do it. What matters is that we all come back, and pick option two. That's the beauty of the Gospel. You can always change your mind :) you can choose that better option and that better way out. My friend wrote a poem, and she said I could share it with you. I have been reading it all week.
The First Watch is sounded, my heart racing fast.
Dazed and confused, 'How much longer will this last?'
The shock of it all frightens my soul: I succumb to my fears (and ask) 'Where will I go?'
'He won't make it!' They shout! He never comes through. He cares bout' no one, neither me nor you!
Hold each problem in your heart, don't bother cryin for aid.
He's nowhere to be found, your bed has been made.'
The clock strikes again, as the Second Watch pounds.
Shock and than panic, 'Where, oh where are You to be found?!'
I lament my sorrows, "I have always tried to be good.
Why can't you deliver me, like a good Father should?"
My body is weak, I'm sick to the core.
I have no strength, I cannot endure anymore.
The Third Watch begins, 'What more can I do?'
I have yelled, I have pleaded, I have waited for You.
I give up, I give in, I see I must do this alone.'
Bitterness crusades me "Do You even want me to return home?"
The storm breaks harder, I walk in the cold.
Then, in the darkness, a small voice takes hold:
'Be still, be still, why doubt His (matchless) love?
There is hope, hold fast...have you really done all the above?'
The Fourth Watch begins, I submit to my knees, 'Please strengthen me Father, I need Your relief.
I know You listen, I know we have trials.
Mine are especially hard today, will You come walk with me for a while?
You've waited and waited, now I'm pleading and pleading.
I have learned from this Father, it is what I have needed.
With humility and meekness, I'll trust in You instead of me.
Thank you for this trial today Father, now I know how to better love Thee.'
My heart softly melts, warm comfort fills my soul: 'Well done, dear child, thy faith hath made thee whole.'
I knew in my heart He was talking to me.
'I was there the whole time, you just needed to believe.
Of course I love you, I hear each one of your prayers.
I rejoice when we talk, and I cry when you are not there.
You must remember, little one, that I will always love you.
These trials that you talk of, are there to help you improve.
When stormy clouds come, great learning is achieved.
It is because of hard things, that you will make it back to Me.'
Always
remember that Heavenly Father is there. He loves you, He is watching
you, and His plan is absolutely flawless. You will be okay :) just have
Faith.
I
love you all! So guess what. I'm taking my own challenge this week :)
I'm trying something new. My friend, Hermana Burton is going to cut my
hair and then......I'm coloring it. Pics next week :) love yous!
Your happy missionary,
Sister Julander
Sometimes we bike, and sometimes Rachel jumps in our selfie <3 love that girl.
Me and Hermana Burton went shopping and she found a textured shirt the
same color as my skirt, so we decided to match for Zone meeting! Luckily
I had a shirt that matched perfectly. She's my favorite :) she said we
were friends in the pre mortal life. I believe it. Our spirits just knew
each other :) #nailedit #missionbestie
Stop! When was the last time you went to the temple? It's a sign that you need to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment